Inspired by Gwyneth Paltrow’s It’s All Good cookbook, this delicious recipe pulls together ingredients you may not expect to provide a wholesome meal full of healthy fats and protein. It’s gluten free, dairy free, pescatarian and best of all, it’s delicious. (Did we mention that already?)
MINUTE PREP TIME
MINUTE COOK TIME
– 200g skinnypasta SUPERFOOD TEFF Penne
– 16 oz olive-oil packed tuna, oil drained off and discarded or saved for another use
– 1/2 cup capers, rinsed and dried
– 7 cloves of garlic, minced or thinly sliced
– A small handful of Kalamata olives, split in half with your fingers
– Juice of 1 very juicy lemon
– 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
– A big pinch of chili flakes
Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a small skillet over high heat, lightly frying the capers, stirring until crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the capers from the hot oil and set them aside.
Next, heat 1/3 cup of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and chili flakes to the pan and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture is fragrant and softening, and the garlic begins to brown.
Add the olives and tuna to the pan and stirring to break up the tuna and mixing all ingredients together. Pour the lemon juice over the mixture and stir it until it is a uniform sauce and the tuna is warmed through, beginning to lightly brown on the edges.
While the sauce mixture sits, bring water to a boil in a pot and add 200g skinnypasta SUPERFOOD TEFF Penne to the boiling water, cook for one minute and check for doneness. Strain, keeping a small cup of pasta water off to the side.
Add the penne to the sauce mixture and gently toss, adding a few spoonsful of pasta water, if needed, in order to generously coat each pasta strand. Garnish with reserved crispy capers and chopped parsley and enjoy!
– This dish is gluten free
– Post a photo and #NourishPassion to share your meal with us!