Looking for a hearty and satisfying penne dish? We’ve got you covered with this easy-to-prepare entrée that features tender, marinated short rib and plenty of mushrooms, with an added dose of heart-healthy greens. Cook this flavorful dish up when you’re looking to impress but not looking to spend hours in the kitchen!
MINUTE PREP TIME
MINUTE COOK TIME
– 200g skinnypasta SUPERFOOD TEFF Penne
– 1.5 lbs short rib
– 1 head baby bok choy, sliced
– 1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
– 1 cup oyster mushrooms, whole
– ½ cup green onions
– 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
– 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 1 tsp fish sauce
– 1 tbsp chili flakes
– 3 smashed garlic cloves
– juice from one orange
Cut short rib in 1/8″ strips off the bone and marinate for at least 30 minutes. (You can set aside the bones to make stock or anything else you want to use them for; otherwise, discard.)
Break down one head of baby bok choy, sliced lengthwise. Chop cremini mushrooms and keep oyster mushrooms whole, and set aside. Bias cut the green onions. Next, sauté all of the vegetables over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes in 1 tbsp olive oil, and set aside.
Reheat the pan with the other 1tbsp of olive oil until oil is smoking, and then add the short rib and blacken on both sides. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil, and add your skinnypasta SUPERFOOD TEFF Penne. Cook penne for 1 minute and check for doneness. Strain.
Add vegetables and the mostly strained penne (it’s okay to have a little bit of the pasta water!) to the pan with the short rib. Stir. Plate and garnish with more green onions, serve and enjoy!
– This recipe is gluten free and to make this recipe vegan you could marinate tofu in place of short ribs.
– Post a photo and #NourishPassion to share your meal with us!