There are few things as comforting as leftover turkey from a holiday meal, but it’s important to be utilized correctly, so not to be boring or dry. The technique of using the turkey in a soup is one of our favorites, bringing out the flavor and reviving the moisture in the turkey. Paired with SUPERFOOD TEFF Macaroni this soup is easy and fast to make and delicious to enjoy.
MINUTE PREP TIME
MINUTE COOK TIME
3 - 4
– 200g SUPERFOOD TEFF Macaroni
– 2 cups leftover turkey, torn into bite-size pieces
– about 4 cups chicken or turkey stock
– 8 boiling potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2” cubes
– 2 stalks celery, cut into thin pieces
– 2 carrots, cut into thin disks
– 3 sage leaves, cut into thin strips
– 2 tbs. olive oil
– salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once oil is warm but not smoking, add potatoes and a pinch of salt. Stir for 5 minutes, until colored. Add the remainder of the vegetables and stir a few times. Add turkey, and fill with stock until covered with about an inch of liquid on top. Bring to boil, skim off foam, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked al dente.
Meanwhile, bring water to a boil and add 200g SUPERFOOD TEFF Macaroni. Cook for 1 minute and check for doneness, strain. Gently add into soup and let infuse flavor for a few minutes at a low temperature to avoid overcooking. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
– This recipe is gluten free.
– Fresh chopped parsley is a perfect garnish for this soup.
– Post a photo and #NourishPassion to share your meal with us!